How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70406
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have just received delivery of a leased car. I have used

Customer Question

i have just received delivery of a leased car. I have used the leasing company before. The previous vehicle i leased had a problem in that it was a deisel and very noisy. When I told them this they exchanged it for a quiEter petrol version. The new car is also a deisel, the salesman assuring me it wouldn't have any noise issues as it was a bigger car.However, the noise is very intrusive and I would like to change it. Can I do this on any terms other than goodwill?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Does the lease say anything on this point?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not that I can see.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Then that does really come down to goodwill.
You don't have a contractual right to a petrol car although I know deisel vehicles are noisy. Come what may there is no way around that.
You can negotiate with them. They are not likely to want to lose your business and they will have petrol vehicles available.
But the fact that this was previously done for you doesn't establish a principle I'm afraid.
Can I clarify anything for you?