Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I've been charged with assault by beating and criminal damage

Customer Question

Hi I've been charged with assault by beating and criminal damage the assault was grabbing my girl friend by the throat and criminal damage was breaking a coffee table and a pain a glass in her door I've got a solicitor and character references of a few people plus I'm seeking help with my anger and binge drinking because it was alcohol fuelled what's likely to happen in court?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Basically I've been charged with assault by beating under the domestic abuse act and criminal damage I've never had anything like this before but I got woke up by my girlfriend she had seen some messages on my phone I then grabbed her by the throat and broke the coffee table and a pain of glass on the interior door I wasn't provoked but I had been woke up after being out all night with my girlfriend drinking I've never been done before by there has been a couple of occasions where I've got angry I've started seeing a councillor now for this I've also got character defences saying how out of character this is from me but the last couple of years havnt been great and I've been quite a depressive state for the last two years I just want to know what I should expect at court tomorrow?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And what would I be looking at?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Will she give evidence?
Have you admitted the offence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I pleaded guilty to it all so I don't think she needs to
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She's standing up in court for me also
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
That's a shame.
Did you refuse the solicitor you were offered?