How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9118
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son who is 19 with no previous offence has just been taken

Customer Question

My son who is 19 with no previous offence has just been taken in for questioning by police early this morning with regard to an ABH charge for an alleged incident in May 2015. He called a short while ago to say they had offered him a free solicitor or asked if we had one he could use. We do not know any so we told him to use the free one offered. I have no experience with such things. Would it be better to find our own solicitor? Should we use the free one to start with and then swap should we need to? How can I find a good solicitor if we need one? We live in Southfields, London SW18 and our son is being held in Wimbledon Police Station.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I presume he did accept the solicitor he would have been offered?