UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have been claiming ESA past 20 months and am still

Customer Question
i have been claiming ESA...
i have been claiming ESA for the past 20 months and am still waiting for a medical, i have since been diagnosed with spinal problems and fybromalagia, i have told esa, but am still waiting, i have been put on dla high rate for mobility but still they do
nothing. i know atos has been taken over by another company. i rang them 6weeks ago they told me i would hear from them that week but i have not. i am getting esa of 50 per week. child tax credit 54. and child benefit. i am unable to pay any bills apart from
gas and elek which for both is 50 per week. with my daughters bus fares to school and food for her lunch i have nothing left. The stress of everything is making my illness worse. i am just sleeping all the time, dont want to answer the door because i cannot
make arrangments to pay council tax. rent water etc. The very system that is supposed to help, is making my life hell. i get no enjoyment from calling ESA every week explaining my situation to get no where. 20 months is a long time to wait for a medical. My
doctor wrote me a letter to send to the medical and esa but charged me 40 pounds which i cannot afford to pay. i dont know what to do next. Please help.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/24/2015
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 3 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
What would you like to know about this please?