UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

A protective claim was issued by my solicitor related

Customer Question
A protective claim was issued...
A protective claim was issued by my solicitor for work related stress at a value of "up to "£15,000". My solicitor has gone out of business an I have taken the matter on myself....limitation has expired...liability has not been admitted and an application as submitted to have my claim struck out for abuse process and / or no reasonable prospect success - on receipt of my response the application was withdrawn. I believe my claim is worth more than £15,000 (the other side has just offered me £3k to settle and I am insulted. How do I amend my claim for an amount above £15,000? Obviously I have paid the applicable fee for this level of damages....I also need to make an application on an N244 for an amendment to my particulars and to include exerts from my GP records that I failed to submit with my particulars - can I ammend the value at the same time?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/23/2015
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 3 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate once you get my answer.
If you are looking to amend the Particulars of Claim then you would need to make a formal application and you should prepare your amended Particulars of Claim with the application. If you are seeking a higher sum of damages then this would be the time to do it. You would as you state above need to make the application on form N244. As limitation has passed you will need to get the Court's permission for any such amendments - https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part17
Please rate