How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 33010
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A protective claim was issued by my solicitor related

Customer Question

A protective claim was issued by my solicitor for work related stress at a value of "up to "£15,000". My solicitor has gone out of business an I have taken the matter on myself....limitation has expired...liability has not been admitted and an application as submitted to have my claim struck out for abuse process and / or no reasonable prospect success - on receipt of my response the application was withdrawn. I believe my claim is worth more than £15,000 (the other side has just offered me £3k to settle and I am insulted. How do I amend my claim for an amount above £15,000? Obviously I have paid the applicable fee for this level of damages....I also need to make an application on an N244 for an amendment to my particulars and to include exerts from my GP records that I failed to submit with my particulars - can I ammend the value at the same time?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate once you get my answer.
If you are looking to amend the Particulars of Claim then you would need to make a formal application and you should prepare your amended Particulars of Claim with the application. If you are seeking a higher sum of damages then this would be the time to do it. You would as you state above need to make the application on form N244. As limitation has passed you will need to get the Court's permission for any such amendments -
Please rate