How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A person has made a malicious complaints about me to the police

Customer Question

A person has made a malicious complaints about me to the police and after almost one year of investigation and interrogation by the police , I was officially cleared by the police. Can I sue that person in a civil case for malicious complaint and ask for remedy?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
When you say you were officially cleared, what was the actual outcome? Did they charge the other person with an offence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They did not charge the other person, I just wish to know if I can take this person to a civil court for damages