UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

A person has made a malicious complaints about me to the police…

Customer Question
A person has made a...
A person has made a malicious complaints about me to the police and after almost one year of investigation and interrogation by the police , I was officially cleared by the police. Can I sue that person in a civil case for malicious complaint and ask for remedy?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/21/2015
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 3 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
When you say you were officially cleared, what was the actual outcome? Did they charge the other person with an offence?
They did not charge the other person, I just wish to know if I can take this person to a civil court for damages