UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have an ongoing fraud case. As a result my Passport which…

Customer Question
I have an ongoing fraud...
I have an ongoing fraud case. As a result my Passport which is my only proof of ID has been held by the police.. My work place and bank are both requesting my IDs for different reasons and I cannot provide it. They say I have to show proof that the police has it or a missing passport report. I have been in touch with my case officer and he quite rudely refused to provide any.. Any suggestions what I can do? My rent is almost due but i cannot access my money.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/20/2015
Solicitor: Alice H, Solicitor/Partner replied 3 years ago
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
At what point was the passport taken? From you or from your house? Did you have a solicitor at the police station?