How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9141
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is now 22, when he was 7 we entered into a family court

Customer Question

My son is now 22, when he was 7 we entered into a family court battle which ended up in the high court. The Cafcass officer never did a risk assessment on my sons abusive father despite Child Protection officers warning her of his violence. I made complaints which were never dealt with properly. My son had to visit his father until he returned telling me to get him a solicitor and he was never going to see him again. Basically the Cafcass officers failure to complete a risk assessment meant he had to suffer more abuse, cost me thousands and depression. The last barrister I had advised that my son sue them, can he now he is 22?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
May I ask why no action has been taken yet?