UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Can a building society give a warranty as it is not a limited…

Customer Question
Can a building society give...
Can a building society give a warranty as it is not a limited company ? It is a company registered under the Building Societies Act '86.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
Have you been able to answer the question ? I'm just wondering. Thanks
6/16/2015
Solicitor: JGM, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Thank you for your question.
What kind of warranty are you referring to?
A standard warranty/ies in relation to performance of obligations under the contract, all information given is true and correct, no threatened or outstanding disputes etc
Can a building society give such warranties ?
Are you able to answer the question ? No problem if not but you might let me know. Thanks
What contract?
Who is performing it?
Why is the institution guaranteeing performance?
In principle there's no reason why a building society can't give a warranty. A bank is governed by statute and its Articles of Association. A building society is governed by statute and its Rules.