UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

A Grandmother has lent �130,000.00 to her granddaughter, so…

Customer Question
A Grandmother has lent �130,000.00...
A Grandmother has lent �130,000.00 to her granddaughter, so they both can buy a property together (grandmothers half will be left to granddaughter in her will) grand daughter has debt, so money will look healthy in her account to get a mortgage with grandmother - however no plans have been made to look or buy property, so grandmother has requested money back to look for property in spain for herself. But granddaughter is refusing to return the money saying that it belongs to her now. But grandmother has text proof that grand daughter was going to return the money to her bank. please help ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/14/2015
Solicitor: Alice H, Solicitor/Partner replied 3 years ago
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
On what basis is the granddaughter saying the money is hers?
Is the grandmother clear that this is a loan not a gift?
Was there any agreement about when the money should be repaid?
Hi there - do you still require assistance with this matter?