UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have received a Parking charge notice as the requested…

Customer Question
Hi I have received a...
Hi I have received a Parking charge notice as the requested keeper of a car.
Parking eye are quoting Protection of freedoms act 2012 paragraph 9(2)(d)
I appealed to them quoting 9(2)(c) as the notice states' By either not purchasing the appropriate parking time or by remaining at the car park for longer than permitted'
I maintain they have not stated the reason for the PCN but gave options.
should I appeal to POPLA?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/13/2015
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 3 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
No. There is absolutely no point in an appeal to POPLA. Their rulings are not final anyway as they have no real authority.
I'm not sure what your appeal point is anyway? If it just that they haven't actually spelt out the reason for the fine then that isn't the best point. It doesn't mean that they cannot or would not if this went to court.
The bigger issue is whether or not it would go to court. They don't often sue. They will send letters threatening fire and brimstone but the number of people they actually sue is minute.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo