How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got convicted of criminal damage (breaking a shop window)

Customer Question

i got convicted of criminal damage (breaking a shop window) in 1999 and received a fine only, i was wondering if it is classed as a serious offence, and would it still be on my record.
many thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago via InBrief.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
This is not a serious offence and is now "spent" under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (as amended).
Nobody can hold this convictions against you in the UK.
But it might show up on an enhanced criminal record check because although the conviction is spent it remains recorded against your name for life,