UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I scraped a parked car whilst parking. The owner of the

Customer Question
Hi. I scraped a parked...
Hi. I scraped a parked car whilst parking. The owner of the car was not there and I after finding there was only a very minor scrape to my car I drove off (stupid I know - I didnt realise the penalties could be so severe). I'm still within the 24hr period, should I report this to the police?
I didn't get the licence number of the other vehicle.
If I report this to the police presumably I will definitely be charged for failing to stop and report?
And if I don't and I'm caught then the consequences will be worse?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/5/2015
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 3 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How long ago was this ?