UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

An interim charging order of costs was issued by a judge against…

Customer Question
An interim charging order of...
An interim charging order of costs was issued by a judge against the defendant. On the final hearing of the case, claimant did not disclose the interim charging order to the judge and also, it was not stated in the the costs of the claimant. The defendant was unable to attend the hearing due to mental depression and he was taking antidepressant as per the GP medical certificate to the court. Trial went ahead without the defendant as litigant in person and despite the medical letter.
JUdge awarded all the costs claimed by the claimant. After 7 months, claimant the made a fresh claim for interime charging order which the claimant did not point out in the hearing and did not claim in his costs of the claim.
Can claimant claim this interim charging order by using part 8 claim procedure after 8 months of the settlement of the claim.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 2 days by:
6/7/2015
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 3 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.
What did the CJ say?