How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9118
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Last year my son was arrested at the airport on fabricated e

Customer Question

Last year my son was arrested at the airport on fabricated e mail to his ex wife for threatening her. And he was charged for threating and domestic charge. Since april 2014 first hearing date was set on 18 march 2015. But on 15 march date was reset to
22 may 2015. On both dates we were given this understanding that emailed could not be translated into english . Again date was set on june 4 2015. Again recording could not be translated. . And now i donot know when another date will be set. I am waisting
lot of money . I am paying to lot of money to the lawyer. Three times date was set and no result. Crown says each time recotding could not be recorded. I am so up set. Please advise what should u do at this stage .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no hearing for 14 months. This is not fair. Is there any agency where i can lodge complaints against lawyer as because of lack of his interest the case is so prolonged.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The lawyer is robbing my money only
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
On what basis?
What are you expecting them to be able to do about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is not the right answer. I asked there must be an agency to whom the complaint against lawyer could be lodged. We pay to lawyer to get the service. If the lawyer does not take interest in the case then it is not prodessionakism
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Opting out.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.
Was a copy of the email given to your son's lawyer with the prosecution papers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Why has the lawyer not translated it?