UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

Last year my son was arrested at the airport on fabricated e

Customer Question
mail to his ex wife...
Last year my son was arrested at the airport on fabricated e mail to his ex wife for threatening her. And he was charged for threating and domestic charge. Since april 2014 first hearing date was set on 18 march 2015. But on 15 march date was reset to
22 may 2015. On both dates we were given this understanding that emailed could not be translated into english . Again date was set on june 4 2015. Again recording could not be translated. . And now i donot know when another date will be set. I am waisting
lot of money . I am paying to lot of money to the lawyer. Three times date was set and no result. Crown says each time recotding could not be recorded. I am so up set. Please advise what should u do at this stage .
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/4/2015
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
What would you like to know about this please?
There is no hearing for 14 months. This is not fair. Is there any agency where i can lodge complaints against lawyer as because of lack of his interest the case is so prolonged.
The lawyer is robbing my money only
On what basis?
What are you expecting them to be able to do about this?
This is not the right answer. I asked there must be an agency to whom the complaint against lawyer could be lodged. We pay to lawyer to get the service. If the lawyer does not take interest in the case then it is not prodessionakism
Thanks.
Opting out.
Solicitor: Alice H, Solicitor/Partner replied 2 years ago
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you.
Was a copy of the email given to your son's lawyer with the prosecution papers?
Yes
Why has the lawyer not translated it?
Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer