UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have handed in my resignation notice to my employer recently.

Customer Question
I have a one month...
I have handed in my resignation notice to my employer recently. I have a one month notice period so will be working until the end of June.
In addition to my salary, I am paid a commission each quarter. This is based on all deals I bring in that exceed a threshhold each quarter. Anything above the threshhold entitles me to a fixed % of commission which has traditionally been paid with my salary in the month of quarter end.
Deals are often 12 months in length and the company receives payment from clients on the 1st of each month.
As I'm due commission for the remainder of the year, I tried to come to an amicable agreement with my employer for the amounts I would be owed.
Nowhere in my contract is it mentioned that these would be withheld should I no longer be employed through either termination or resignation. It has always been in my interest to bring in longer term deals at higher value so that I could maximize my quarterly bonus.
My employer is now stating that they will not pay me the owed commission as I am not entitled to these payments. They have stated (I believe falsely), that they have checked with a Lawyer and are trying to pressure me to agree with their terms.
What are my rights here?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
6/1/2015
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When would these amounts actually become due for payment?