Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Good day, I have a question regarding legal procedures

Customer Question

Good day,

I have a question regarding legal procedures before a hearing in the UK.

I filed a money claim against a UK courier company after they caused an Ivory handle cane that i sent to the US to be confiscated by US customs last February, by not having Ivory on their prohibited items list, and also failing to assist me at all throughout the process in trying to get it released from US customs.

The defendant applied for a summary judgement on the 30.3.2015, and after numerous transfer of the case from court to court, i got a hearing date for the summary judgement application for the 1.7.2015.

The defendant stated in his original summary judgement application that "....Take notice that if the claimant wishes to rely on written evidence, it must file the written evidence at court and serve copies on the defendant at least 7 days before the summary judgement hearing".

I would like to know what arguments and facts i should indeed send them in advance to the hearing, would it consist of my entire arguments set, including counter arguments to the application for summary judgement, or just my exhibit list, and into how much details should i go ?

Thanks Dan

Category: UK Law