How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9143
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've just been served with a non molestation order form my

Customer Question

I've just been served with a non molestation order form my brother. A whole pack of lies which read very badly on my self. Prior to this, he had me arrested on a plane steps for an assault which he instigated - thereby missing my flight & cruise. I want to defend this and also take some sort of redress which he should be taken to task. Hearing on the 18th but I'm book to leave England tomorrow. Need a really good solicitor in (East) London to defend my character....
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What will the Order prevent you from doing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Prevent any form of contacts with him (via texts, emails, phones and being near to him. I dont object to this as it is never my intentions to contact him again. However, he lives with my semi senile mother and he intercepts mail to her informing her of my visits and ignores my texts (previously) asking him to inform my mother. She's rather deaf and I strongly suspect she is not aware of anything he has instigated towards me. My problem is, if I visit my mother unannounced, he can have me arrested immediately so the non molestation order actually serve him to prevent contact with my mother. Worse still, I'm leaving for China tomorrow (under advice from my tax consultant) but because of the hearing date (18th June) will have additional cost incurred just on flights to return back. In the order, he made a whole lot of unsupported claims which I tke extreme offences to. How could he actually obtained this - he is a serial offender, has jail sentences in the past, police record of drug dealing and user and also violent offences in the recent past?? Worse, he has been sectioned off for being mentally unstable (suicidal) and somehow got the position as my ailing mother "carer". Even her doctor is bemused at this....
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Have you considered instructing a solicitor to deal with this?