Maverick
Maverick, Advocate
Experience:  20 years proefessional experience
16823287

I have a county Court Judgement that has been issued against

Customer Question

I have a county Court Judgement that has been issued against an address that I haven't lived at for 5 years. Debt recovery agency that has issued the proceedings. I want to issue a defence but the CCJ was issued in February. Can I appeal against judgement
against me as I didn't enter a defence?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
You normally have 10 to 30 days after the judgment is signed to appeal, depending on your state's laws.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am in the UK?
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
I have opted out at no charge to you so another person can try to assist you as this is beyond my knowledge base.