How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 6392
Experience:  20 years proefessional experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a county Court Judgement that has been issued against

Customer Question

I have a county Court Judgement that has been issued against an address that I haven't lived at for 5 years. Debt recovery agency that has issued the proceedings. I want to issue a defence but the CCJ was issued in February. Can I appeal against judgement
against me as I didn't enter a defence?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
You normally have 10 to 30 days after the judgment is signed to appeal, depending on your state's laws.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Also, if you need a refund, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for 2015!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am in the UK?
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
I have opted out at no charge to you so another person can try to assist you as this is beyond my knowledge base.