UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have an issue with council tax that was paid but bailiffs…

Customer Question
I have an issue with...
I have an issue with council tax that was paid but bailiffs are threatening removal for unspecified charges. I contacted council as the corrected bill was paid in time as requested but they will not speak to me regarding charges.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
5/22/2015
Solicitor: Joshua, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.
Can you kindly advise why you did not pay council tax originally please?
I assume the council applied for a liability order against you in the magistrates court and subsequetly appointed bailiffs?
Did you allow the bailiffs into your home?
Would you like to continue with the above?