How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother has suspicions that my father is cheating. Can she

Customer Question

My mother has suspicions that my father is cheating. Can she place cameras around the house, and the office to see what is going on? Is this legal?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What does she intend to use the recordings for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Proof of adultery that he is cheating on her when filing for divorce. If it comes to going to court.And to confront him.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
My apologies for the delay.
No recordings could be used to "prove " the adultery.
In any event it is the worst ground to use for a divorce as it is much easier to use the Unreasonable Behaviour ground - which is almost impossible to defend
The ground used does not effect the financial outcome
Placing a Camera in his office is not a good idea as it could be seen as a public place,
Around the home technically it COULD be an offense if she does not tell her husband - but the police are not likely to be interested let alone get involved hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details