UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My mother has suspicions that my father is cheating. Can she…

Customer Question
My mother has suspicions that...
My mother has suspicions that my father is cheating. Can she place cameras around the house, and the office to see what is going on? Is this legal?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: UK Law
5/20/2015
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 3 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Hi
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What does she intend to use the recordings for?
Clare

Proof of adultery that he is cheating on her when filing for divorce. If it comes to going to court.And to confront him.

Relist: Incomplete answer.
Hi
My apologies for the delay.
No recordings could be used to "prove " the adultery.
In any event it is the worst ground to use for a divorce as it is much easier to use the Unreasonable Behaviour ground - which is almost impossible to defend
The ground used does not effect the financial outcome
Placing a Camera in his office is not a good idea as it could be seen as a public place,
Around the home technically it COULD be an offense if she does not tell her husband - but the police are not likely to be interested let alone get involved hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare