How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9142
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a corporate pensions administrator with a loyal client

Customer Question

I am a corporate pensions administrator with a loyal client following. The business was sold 8 months ago and my position was relocated to an office in excess of 10 miles away from my original office of work. I am unhappy with my new employer and wish to move. However I am worried that they will try and damage my move as I have a restraint of trade clause which covers a period of 2 years from date of termination within a 10 mile radius of my new office. They have not honoured my contract in that they have not provided PHI or group life benefits which I was entitled to under my old contract. My contracted salary is 24k per annum but I feel they have imposed executive style clauses on my contract.
Is the restraint of trade enforceable for 2 years or if at all ? or do you think given my status this is unreasonable. Also my prospective new employer is 10 miles away from my contracted office. My new employer will want some assurances hence the question and I may need to get a legal opinion.
Submitted: 2 years ago via InBrief.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jenny Mackenzie replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Are you planning to go to work for a direct competitor and is your current employer likely to suffer a financial loss if you go to work for them?