UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

What would the likely or average sentence be section

Customer Question
What would the likely or...
What would the likely or average sentence be for a section 47 assault and carrying an offensive weapon (Extendable baton)?
Male
22 Years Old
Convicted of owning a dangerous dog & having a dog out of control in a public place in the last 18 months. (8 Week suspended for 1 year, 60 hours community service & a large fine)
Prior to 16th birthday also had convictions for multiple (10+) offences of a violent nature e.g. assaulting police, affray and also offensive weapons. Never been to prison
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
5/12/2015
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What were the circumstances and were you on a suspended sentence at the time?

No the suspended sentence had been served. Offensive weapon was during an altercation with an ex partner and friends at their address. Assault was unprovoked towards the same ex partner. No real injuries other than "soreness" no marks ect, it was a strike to the face.

If this is an offensive weapon then it must have been in a public place?

I was accused of having it extended and threatening them with it however I denied this in the police station. They then searched my car and found the baton. I have been bailed until the end of the month.

Sorry it was outside their house on the front path

Relist: Incomplete answer.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer