How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34105
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have successfully obtained a decree nisa and subsequently

Customer Question

Hello. I have successfully obtained a decree nisa and subsequently an absolute. My ex has been very slow at responding to signing the financial agreement which will be sent to court in the next few weeks. As part of the agreement he wants two of the garden chairs which he can have. I have asked that he wait until I am in the area, realistically end of the month so he can have the chairs, currently the ex marital home is being rented and I have tenants in there. He has notified me today that as far as he is concerned they are part of the financial agreement that is not yet complete. If he has not received the chairs by the end of this week he will contact the divorce court and inform them that we have failed to reach a financial agreement and that the decree nisa should be revoked until we have. He will inform them that we had never formally agreed anything and that the divorce should not have gone through
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Please do not worry.
Neither the Decree Nisi nor the Decree Absolute cannot be revoked on request - and the fact that the finances have not actually been agreed is not a reason for revocation
Please ask if you need further details