How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70416
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My x partner has been charged with preventing the course of

Customer Question

My x partner has been charged with preventing the course of justice for changing her statement. She now is saying her first statement was true and she felt pressers to change her statement!!! If they believe her. Can they arrest me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Yes, they could in theory but please don't worry. They will not.
If they have arrested her for perverting then they have taken a view about the merits of her evidence. I realise that you may not know this at this stage but they are genuinely acting in your interests.
Even if her first statement was true, if she made a false retraction then that is perverting.
You just leave her to it. Normal women don't make false allegations every time you have a row. This is her fault and her problem.
It is encouraging to see perverting prosecutions and it is in your interests. Be sure to co-operate fully in order to achieve a conviction and fully clear your name and protect her subsequent partners.
Can I clarify anything for you?