How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is nearly years old and does not want her father to

Customer Question

My son is nearly years old and does not want her father to have parental rights. He was abused and neglected by him as a youngster and has not seen or spoken to him for several years. His father is not by law allowed direct contact to safeguard my son.
How old does my son have to be before he can apply to the court for this removal? Also how can he stop him accessing his school and medical records against my sons wishes?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard> How old is your son? Your question does not sayWhat state is this in?Are there any court orders of custody between the parents? If there is a court order that the Father is not to see the son, why is the son with him?Thank you for the clarification.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My son is 10 years old. There is a court order that the father does not have any direct contact with his son.The son is not with him he is with me his mother.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We live in the UK. My son wants to remove his father's parental responsibility of him so that he can not get access to his school and medical records.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We were never married. He has always lived with me. His father has automatic parental responsibility as he is named on the birth certificate but has had no contact with his son for over 3 years nor does he provide for him (financially or othertwise).My son does not want to acknowledge this man as his father and is upset that he currently has access to his school records.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Has his father been convicted of abusing the child (or other children in the family)