How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 3671
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend has had dealings with this company and has

Customer Question

Hello, my friend has had dealings with this company and has signed a credit agreement whilst under pressure from the sales rep.
The issue is here is that none of the content is suitable for him due to his aptitude and has only ever made one payment.
The firm have no sent bailiffs to his parents address to recover around £4k.
The issue with this is the credit agreement doesnt look legal, due to the firm asking for payment if he becomes bankrupt or dies.
Furthermore, he is also in receipt of benefit and has depression, and is unable to/ and reluctant to make any sort of payments.
Is there anything he can do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This refers to Train2game
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
What I would do is write to the agency as follows:
- Say they have clearly mis sold a credit arrangement to some one for whom it is not suitable;
- They have taken advantage of his vulnerable nature and coerced him into signing the document;
- Say that send bailiffs to his parents address is clearly tantamount to harassment under S. 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 - which is a criminal offence;
- Say that they do not immediately terminate the agreement you reserve the right to:
(i) Report the matter to the police;
(ii) Report the matter to Trading Standards
(iii) Make a complaint to the Financial Conduct Authority.
I would note that this may stop them harassing him, however he will at the very least have to pay for the part of the service he actually used and if they commence proceedings against him (that is entirely their prerogative) he would need to defend these. If they send bailiffs again before commencing court action he should go straight to Trading Standards.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards