How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 22624
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If the Defendant asks the Claimant for a document that is cited

This answer was rated:

If the Defendant asks the Claimant for a document that is cited in the Particulars of Claim, should the Claimant also send a copy to the court after he has provided a copy to the Defendant; and if so how should it be filed in court? Thank you.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to help you with this today. Please bear with me if I ask for more information.
It can be good practice that anything sent to the claimant should be copied to the court, although it will eventually be included in the agreed court bundle of documents.
Beware, however, would inundating the court with miscellaneous correspondence
Under normal circumstances, you would just send it with a covering letter saying here with document for the file which has been requested and supplied the other side.
I am assuming that it is not any kind of claim form, but is simply a document that they have asked for.
If that is the case, I would probably say it for the court bundle.
I would however tell the other side. You don't want to bombard the court with documents and correspondence, and therefore you are not sent a copy to the court did they think it appropriate, you are happy to do so and invite them to do the same.
Does that answer the question?
Can I answer any specific points?
Stuart J and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you