How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34106
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good Evening, We jointly own a house and Im having problems

This answer was rated:

Good Evening,

We jointly own a house and I'm having problems with my husband. Probably will go down the route of getting a divorce from him. What is the best way of me to protect my house from him selling it? I have three children aged 8, 13 & 12. Can I get an injunction on the house so that he cannot sell it?
is the house in joint names?
how long have you been married for?
is there any allegation of violence?
what makes you think that he will sell the house or try to?
how much is the house worth?
How much mortgages outstanding?
Can I have as much background detail as possible please? Thank you
Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you.
If the house is held in joint names then in fact your husband cannot sell it without your agreement
If the house is not actually owned in joint names then you will need to Register your Matrimonial Home Rights - which is easy to do.
Again your husband cannot see the house without your agreement - or a Court Order - and it is in fact highly unlikely that you will have to leave the property at all.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34106
Experience: family solictor with 25 years experience
Clare and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you