How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  30 years experience in business law and related topics such as employment law
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Could you please give me more detail

This answer was rated:

Could you please give me more detail
Hi. Do you want to respond on the original question thread. In order to give much more detail I need t see the claim. You have to answer the points in their claim and then set out the facts of your counterclaim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I send it to you?

Yes - either scan it in as a tiff or similar and attach it or use a drop box if easier or finally send by email [email protected] for my attention ( but that can take a while )

Drop box is best unless it is short. The claim should not be very long
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have scanned and e-mailed the the documents.

I don't know how to use drop box.


ok thanks. I will have to wait for it to be forwarded but will respond when I can. It is easy to set up a drop box using google drive or something similar
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just got a message notifying me that the documents have been sent to you.

OK I have the claim form.

Can you explain in simple terms please.

what the claimant contracted with you for .

What you did .

Who the promoter was and what your relationship with him or it was.

what was to happen to money paid for tickets if the event was canceled
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The claimant was contracted to sell tickets for two on my events.

The agreement was that they would provide me with a ticket report every Tuesday, I would invoice against the report and they would make sure the money for each weeks sales would be in my account by the the following Friday. This process continued from December 2012 until May 2013 when they stopped paying me the money causing cash flow problems and massive delays with all the processes that rely on the funding. I had been paid money up to and including May 2013 on of the events had to be canceled and caused serious harm to the brand and the other didn't do as well as it should have because the television campaign that I had produced and advert for was scrapped because I could no longer pay for the campaign. Track it Down was the ticket vendor and I am the promotor The event that was canceled had sold enough tickets to turn a profit and do very well on bar sales. Cash flow caused the cancelation. Had Track it Down payed the money as planned the event would have run without a hitch. Ticket money was to be refunded. Track It Down also made an agreement to pay for the festival album out of their booking fee to be awarded the right of being the sole ticket vendor they have made no payments and not refunded the booking fee or refunded many of the tickets they had sold and were hold the vast majority of the funds back causing this issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please let me know what your response is.


I just received a notification of your reply but there is no message?


Ok . their claim seems badly expressed also.

I think you defence should say that a) they failed to pay sums due in breach of contract
b) they are not entitled to return of the funds as they were acting as agent and they have suffered no loss and their claim discloses no basis for the funds to be returned.

Your counterclaim should be for return of fees paid by them and for loss of profit.

I think to be blunt given the complexity and amount involved that you ought to try and get your self a solicitor to represent you

Senior Partner and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you