How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70417
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recently my boss gave her credit card for food shopping,and

This answer was rated:

Recently my boss gave her credit card for food shopping,and I use as well for my personal things not only once or twice many times I even get cash on my boss find out what I did,I want to give her back some item that I purchased but she wants me to pay all she said it's around £40,000,how can I make agreement to pay her not in full amount,can I go to jail..

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Has this been reported to the police please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No they didn't report to the police..
Do you think that they will

Are you willing to run the risk?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know,but they told me that I have to return some items then pay the remaining,they will make an agreement for me to sign,the thing is I want to leave the job,now because of what happen,she told to everyone of what I did and I feel embarrass, can they stop me leaving the job? And she told my colleague ,that she will let me work without that possible..
No, they cannot stop you leaving. That is entirely a matter for you.

If she does left you leave without paying then that would be fantastic. Obviously you cannot rely on it but if its an option then take it.

I am really sorry and I wish I could say something else but if they do phone the police then you would almost certainly be facing a custodial sentence of some months if not years. This is £40k taken from your employer which is a hugely aggravating feature of this offence.

That is obviously the worst case scenario. Many employers never call the police. You may well be able to negotiate with them to take no action if you repay the amounts in question. The point I am making though is that you should be making every effort to repay. Trying to avoid repayment is not the best option here. Trying to avoid police action should be your goal.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you