How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi! im illegal , and would like to know if i can ligglelize

This answer was rated:

hi! im illegal , and would like to know if i can ligglelize my stutus here in the uk. i came as a visitor, and over astay, ive been illegal for the past 11 years i have a 10 years old child, and am in a relationship with the father of the child who has an idefinet stay now, can you advice me of what to do.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my service.

Are you the actual mother of the child?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes am the actual mother of the child


Thank you for your reply.

What I would suggest you do is apply for discretionary leave to remain in the uk if you do not want to leave the uk. In addition if your child is attending school and your husband is working in the uk, then this would give you stronger reasons for remaining in the uk. I suggest you apply using form FLR O please see the following link :

Because your application is complicated I suggest you consult a solicitor to assist you with the application and compile the required documents.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and 3 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you