How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 33010
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I sue somebody stole and misuse my tape.

This answer was rated:

I let him stay in my house when he come to UK from australia ( in Jan.2103). He proposed me and I declined, He stole my sex tape with my exboyfriend and pictures from my computer.He show them my sister and nephew in Australia,in revenge; apparently my relation with my blood family has broken down.I'm not a celebrity.

Can I sue/charge him as its stole my privacy.

Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

Where is he based now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He lives in Syney. Australia. That's why I'm thinking I need to file complaint there( if I decided to). But i don't know if i need to start here as it happen here; like I said.

As the offence occurred in the UK then I would advise the UK police about the incident, upon which they can record your formal complaint.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I still need to know if there is a law against what he has done.

The starting point is that this is theft if these items were stolen without your permission.
Thomas Judge and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you