How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has no ties where she lives at the moment but we

This answer was rated:

My daughter has no ties where she lives at the moment but we think the only way we can see her is to come for a visit. We have also heard that the law has changed and adult dependents need to be 65 and required care that cannot be obtained in their home country. My daughter is in her late twenties and does not require care. She is totally on her own! so how can this work out for her?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

Regarding her coming to the UK as a dependent then yes she would need to show she is as follows:

1. The applicant or, if the applicant and their partner are the sponsor's parents or grandparents, the applicant's partner, must as a result of age, illness or disability require long-term personal care to perform everyday tasks.

2. The applicant or, if the applicant and their partner are the sponsor's parents or grandparents, the applicant's partner, must be unable, even with the practical and financial help of the sponsor, to obtain the required level of care in the country where they are living, because-

(a) it is not available and there is no person in that country who can reasonably provide it; or
(b) it is not affordable.

This would be very difficult to prove in your daughter's case. I believe that because she does not have any family ties to her home country the home office feel that she would be trying to use the visit visa to gain entry to the UK and then remain here and not return.

In this case it would be very difficult for her to obtain such a visa, you only option would be to state that although she does not meet the above mentioned requirements she has been financially dependent on you her whole life (evidence of monies being send to her in her home country) you would need to show that she is not married and does not have a separate family unit, you would need to show that you contact her very often and she is apart of your family unit and she needs her family and parents to reside with and help her through life emotionally and financially.

You would need to state the effects of her not being able to reside with you in the UK on you and your family in the UK and the effects of her and how residing in her home country is more expensive to if she was residing with you in the UK.

These are the kind of issues you would need to state and show in her application and her dependency on you. As stated it is a very difficult application so I would suggest you may want a lawyer to submit the application on your behalf.

As stated you can try and submit this application and ask the home office to exercise their discretion and issue her with permission to enter the UK and remain.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you