How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  30 years experience in business law and related topics such as employment law
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am planning a visit in October. I left the UK in 1981,

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am planning a visit in October. I left the UK in 1981, just want some peace of mind that I will not have any trouble entering again. I did have a court case but it was resolved. Just a worry, do not want to spoil my visit after all this time. Seeing my grandchildren for the first time. Can you help?
Thank you for your question. Can you tell me what nationality you are. Are you an US citizen? What for of court case were you involved in ? What is causing you concern?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I am a US citizen, the case involved theft from a employer. Just want some peace of mind that I will be able to enter the UK with no problems.

Thank you

Hi thank you for your answer. As you may know US citizens do not require a visa and there is no reason why you should not enter the UK. An offence 30 years ago is not something you are required to disclose under the rehabilitation of offenders legislation as long as you were not imprisoned for more than 2.5 years. Generally any lesser offence lapses within 10 years if not before.
Senior Partner and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you