How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32978
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am returning from Thailand to Blackburn Lancashire in October

This answer was rated:

I am returning from Thailand to Blackburn Lancashire in October 2013. my wife says I have not to come home and wants me out of her life. We have been married 35 years and she wanted me to come to Thailand after a long illness to fulfill my dream. Now she says she dos'ent want me home! What should I do? she wont communicate and has changed telephone numbers!
Thanks for your question. Please remember to RATE once you get my answer.

Firstly, if it is a joint property or in your name you are allowed to go back into your house, even if she says not to. She would have to persuade a court to prevent your return. I would recommend someone like Relate to mediate between the two of you to help you work out your difficulties.

Please rate
Thomas Judge and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is council property In my name and hers also, she refuses to discuss anything!

Then you are allowed to move back into the property if it is a joint tenancy. Without a court order she can not prevent your return.

Please remember to RATE