How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 3695
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Proprietorship Register Myself and father is on this property

This answer was rated:

Proprietorship Register
Myself and father is on this property what happens when one of us dies what happens to other half of property?

Restriction: No disposition by a sole proprietor of the land (not being a
trust corporation)under which capital money arises is to be registered unless authorised by an order of the court.

Restriction: Except under an order of the registrar no disposition or dealing by the proprietor of the land is to be registered without consent of the proprietor of the charge date 2000 in favour of the bank of cyprus .
property has no mortgage now .

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer

The restriction you have described suggest you are tenants in common.

This means that when one of you dies the other does not automatically inherit the other party's share. You can leave your share to a relative in your will. I would suggest you draw up a deed of trust to show exactly what percentage each party owns. You should also draw up a will and decide who you want to leave your share too.

Can I be of any further assistance?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi each part owns half


Thank you.

Then you might not need a deed of trust. It will just be assumed you own the property 50/50.

I would recommend that you draft a will to ensure your share goes to the person you want it to go to. Otherwise it will just go to your next of kin.

Kind regards

Alex J. and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you