How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32980
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is about immigration.I am on Minister of Religion

This answer was rated:

My question is about immigration.I am on Minister of Religion visa. II am applying for ILR.One document needed by UKBA is a bank statement showing my wages paid in by my employer..I am paid by cheque and although the transaction is shown ;the name of my employer does not appear.Will that be an issue.the bank does not have this system in place to show name of cheque issuer.
Also i don.t have sufficient documents to show cohabitation with my wife although I am married for 33 years now.Can I include some utility bills bank staement and swear an affidavit etc
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

The fact that you are paid by cheque should not be an issue if you can provide a letter from the employer which confirms the cheques paid. Proof such as bills are evidence of cohabitation. An affidavit would help, but they prepare independent evidence such as bills, etc

Please RATE
Thomas Judge and 3 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Thanks for replying.The bank statement issue is clear.As for the cohabitation I think if you could elaborate that would help.

I got 1/water bill,2/ bank statement,3/tv licence and 4/common tenancy agreement

She got a 1/joint bank account statement,2/gas,electricity bill, 3 wages pay slip with address and 4/ common tenancy agreement

It seems they might look for more joint documents or will the ones I have be sufficient.

Thanks for replying.

The documents which you hold would be suitable documents to prove that you have cohabitated - the older the documents are the better

Please remember to RATE