Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I am applying to the SRA for membership in order to study the

I am applying to the SRA for membership in order to study the LPC at Nottingham Law School. I did have some financial problems many years ago but the Registry Trust and my Experian Creedit file show no CCJ's against my name or all my linked addresses.

Are there any further steps or searches I should undertake in order to be confident that have made a full disclosure and conducted all the searches to be expected?

I am certainly not aware of any CCJ's and I paid off all my arrears many years ago. however my concern would be that a CCJ was registered that I was unaware of as post divorce my affairs were a little chaotic for a short period and I did not necessarily receive all correspondence due to leaving my former home.

Any advice would be appreciated as I simply want to ensure I doa ll that is necessary.

Joshua :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Joshua :

For the avoidance of doubt please, from what you say do I understand correctly that you have conducted a search on Trustonline in addition to your credit report please?

Customer:

I paid for a search on Registry Trust which was all clear. Also I subscribe to Credit Expert (Experian) and I contacted them. They checked all linked addresses and there are no CCJs against my name / address. So I know for certain taht there are no oustanding CCJ's. However my concern is that any potential CCJ's that are over 6 years old may exist on other registrys but not on the ones I've searched. So for me its a qustion of whether I am all clear or wheterh I need toc onduct a search elsewhere for any historic CCJ's that have disappeared from the other registers.

Joshua :

Thanks. You have made reasonable enquiries in the above steps and providing you are not aware of any judgement being made against you based on the same it is in order to answer the questions about bankruptcy and CCJS in the negative on the basis you can show that this was honestly answered and you have conducted reasonable enquiries to confirm your belief.

Joshua :

The SRA are more interested in character and integrity than financial conduct in any event but the latter does factor.

Joshua :

You may wish to retain the searches you have conducted in the unlikely event that there are further questions raised by the SRA so you can demonstrate reasonable enquiries were made by you. In the event that you do become aware of an historic judgement against you you should disclose the same

Joshua :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you?

Customer:

No that's perfect thank you.