How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been delivered a county court notice of eviction.The

This answer was rated:

I have been delivered a county court notice of eviction.The judgement is for another house,I have rang the bailiff office and they seemed not to be concerned that it had been posted by hand to the wrong address and no question that the same mistake could happen on eviction day

Hi Brian,

What does the document you have received from Court say?

Is it an Order for Possession made by the Court, or is it a notice of hearing?

Are you certain that it has nothing to do with you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Tom,


The notice of eviction from the county court is for 36 Parkgate Crescent,my address isXXXXX my concerns are that the bailiff office did not want to explain themselves when I rang and just said" send the letter back" not even questioning who the eviction order was for and without consideration of the eviction that will take place on the 8th August 13 and refused to answer my questions by hanging up on me.


Can I take my complaint to a official body due to their lack of care and attention and will they make the same mistake of address during eviction





Hi Brian,

My question is really whether or not the eviction genuinely applies to you or not.

Do you have a tenancy?

Were you aware of possession proceedings?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


No I do not live in or own or rent or have anything to do with the property on the eviction order




Hi Brian,


Do you own a neighbouring property to the one subject to the eviction order?

Apologies if it seems we are going over old ground, I just need to be sure..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.



I live within walking distant to the house that has the eviction order on it



Hi Brian

Thanks for your patience.

It seems fairly obvious that it is a case of simple misdelivery on the confusion between “Crescent” and “avenue”.

They would be incredibly stupid to make the same mistake twice and, plainly, actually affecting eviction is taken with much more care and attention than simply sending out the notice of eviction. I really cannot envisage them actually attending your property. The mistake is probably one made by an admisntrative officer of the firm rather than an actual bailiff.

If the Court Order is for “Crescent” and your address is “Avenue” then I would send the letter back with a strongly worded letter referring to their oversight. State that were any eviction action attempted to be taken against you then you would sue them, as well as complain to their professional body.

Were you minded to make a complaint then in the first instance you would do so by writing to the firm advising them of your complaint and asking them to initiate their complaints procedure. They would investigate your complaint, asking for information from you and then advise you of their findings.

Were you not satisfied with their findings you would then be free to complain to their professional body if they are certificated bailiffs. The professional body is different if they are high court bailiffs, but if they are not then the professional body would be the Civil Enforcement Assocation:-
Complaint details here:-

It’s massively frustrating being “stonewalled” when you contacted them, of course, but if all that happens is that you send the letter back and do not hear any further from them then I personally would leave it there though.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you