How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am applying for residence card using BR5, my passport is

This answer was rated:

I am applying for residence card using BR5, my passport is out of date and the renewed one has not arrived yet. Will the UKBA process my application using my residence permit card instead of my passport?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

Yes you may apply for your residence card application if you feel that your new passport will take a long time to arrive. What you may wish to do is write a letter to the home office stating that you are applying with your expired passport, but if your new passport comes before a decision on your application is made you will send this to the home office.

In any event the home office will accept your expired passport and should make a decision using your expired passport.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you