How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9143
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi i was a victim of domestic violance 3 weeks ago where

Customer Question

hi i was a victim of domestic violance 3 weeks ago where by my partner burnt me on my left arm with an iron. and as a result was arrested and is on bail and had his hear on the 8th july at the magistrates court. having thought things through for 3 week and been married for 41 yrs and been aware he has learnt his lesson i reatracted my statement. but during thr process at first he was being charged for a lesser ofence which would hv just gone to magistrated court but somehoe it got changed for a higher ofence and id going to the crown court. i did not think it would hv got to this stage. is there any thing i can do to take the whole thing back without going any further plse help /advice my options
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Is this the first time he has been in trouble?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

JOMO1972 yes i would like this to be kept in confidance and not put on the website plse

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i do not want to carry on with this advice any more sorry about this

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
No problem

I'll ask customer services to look at it for you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do i withdraw a case that will be going to the crown court ; what help and options are available to me ;

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi thanks for being there for me. i want to know how do i withdraw / STOP this case from going to the crown court and what advice , help or options are there for me to get my partner back home (as i feel that he has learnt his lesson. )


i have worked in the retail for more than 30 yrs , as a manager with well known brands as a branch manager and long side done a BA Hons in bussiness studies and had to bring up my family. my partner is not very educated but is very highly skilled in his engineering job but is very naive and is easy lead. i f he gets locked up then i will have to rely on the state for care etc my house will go as well , my 3 kids have their own lives . so whatt are my options


forgot to mention i have parkisons for the last 6 yrears




Optional Information:
System of Law: England-and-Wales

Already Tried:
i have parkinsons fo the last 6 years he has been drinking more . have talked to the family which is torn apart will make them take sides ; have made him realase what is did is not acceptable

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Can I just confirm you want to carry on ? I did ask customer services o close the question for you.