How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34273
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Claire, Just wondering if you know in which direction I

This answer was rated:

Hi Claire, Just wondering if you know in which direction I could look for advice regarding the mortgage with the Greek Bank. Would this be with a Bulgarian Lawyer or a financial advisor.
Thank you for your question
May I ask why you think that you need advice with regard to the mortgage rather than dealing with this in the UK Family Court?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

just trying to find out if there is any thing I can do to make things easier for my ex. It may be that since the apartment was bought for 120 thousand with a mortgage of 75,000 and is now only worth 30,000 the bank may have to share some responsibility . (just what some people have mentioned to me).


It is highly unlikely I am afraid - but if this is an area you wish to look into then it is a Bulgarian lawyer that you will need to instruct as it is Bulgarian law which will apply
I hope that this is of assistance to you
Clare and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you