UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I had an accident at work 0n August 2010 resulting in a broken

toe,I was asked to continue...
I had an accident at work 0n August 2010 resulting in a broken toe,I was asked to continue at work on an administrative basis until fully operational 7weeks later I now have continuous pain in that foot and would like to know what the time scale is for instructing a claim.
Customer
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/8/2013
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High
Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008.
During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions
from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other
users, I might not always respond in
minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that
case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me
while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

When was the lat time it was checked?

The foot was injured in August 2010 I have had 2 checks on it one for an insole on the foot,in 2011 and another for an appraisal of the foot and a recommendation of what footwear to use, this was done last month 2013

I now am walking with a limp and have to see a chiropodist on a 6 to 8 week basis in order to have hard callous skin removed privately.

On over the counter pain killers.

Charles

Thank you. In addition to the above, and based upon the
further information you have supplied, you are going to need an experts report
(probably orthopaedic surgeon) confirm that your limp is as a result of the
broken toe and from a corrupt but this confirms the same about the hard skin.

As it is so late with regard to limitation, you need to get
straight on the case to try and find a solicitor. We are not allowed to
recommend solicitors or take instructions but I do know people who have dealt
with this firm and been quite satisfied. Mention that you came from me on this
site.

Don't worry about their location because there is little
chance that you would need to visit them. http://www.handleylaw.co.uk/

I am assuming of course that there is no issue over
liability and that the employer will admit that it is their fault.

It is worthwhile mentioning that if you bring a claim
against the employer, sometimes it can adversely affect your future working
relationship. I simply add that in for completeness.

Can I assist further?

Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Stuart J
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor