How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 25988
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, ive now been notified that removal contractors are coming

This answer was rated:

Hi, ive now been notified that removal contractors are coming to my premises on weds to remove cars or collect payment but it is still adressed to whites motors limited, what is the best way to deal with this please ?

Joshua : Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied
Joshua : Can I confirm for the avoidance of doubt that your business is not called whites Motors Ltd please?
Joshua : Are the contractors you refer to Court bailiffs?
Customer: thats right its called whites motors and yes correct court baliffs
Joshua : Thanks. Is the address of your business shown correctly on the court order?
Customer: yes it is
Joshua : Have you made an application to set aside the original order?
Customer: no
Joshua : Thanks. May I ask if there is a particular reason you have not done so?
Customer: because its been adrressed to whites motors limited so have ignored it
Joshua : The difficulty is that you are being effected by it because a warrant has been issued against your premises. Bailiffs will not listen to your technical argument re ltd v no limited company. In order to prevent the visit. You will need to consider an application to suspend the warrant using from N244 on the basis that the order does not apply to you. You may also wish to confirm that no CCJ has been entered against your name though if your personal name does not appear on the judgement there should be none. You can do this by checking your credit file with any of the three reference agencies
Joshua : Consider making the above application in plenty of time before the appointment with the bailiffs to ensure that you do not experience any issues with them.
Joshua :
Joshua : Does the above answer all your questions or is there anything I can clarify or help with any further?
Customer: thats fine,thankyou
Joshua : If I can assist any further with this as it develops please do not hesitate to contact me.
Joshua : You will also want to consider applying for costs against the claimant in the above application.
Joshua : If you have no further questions for now I should be very grateful if you would kindly take a moment to rate my service to you today. Your feedback is important to me. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me.
Joshua and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you