How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Max Lowry Your Own Question
Max Lowry
Max Lowry, Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 1457
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Max Lowry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I sue the company I am employed by for wages that are

This answer was rated:

How do I sue the company I am employed by for wages that are owed to me. Every week my company "short changes" my wages by £50-£100 per week without explanation and continually dismiss my complaints on this matter This has left me very distressed as they owe me several hundred pounds.

Max Lowry : Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.
Max Lowry : The best way to do this would be to make a complaint to the Employment Tribunal, on the basis that they're unlawfully making deductions from you wages without permission.
Max Lowry : There is a guide of how to do this, together with the forms that you need, here:
Max Lowry : Alternatively, you could use the County Court, and making a typical breach of contract claim, and you could issue that online here:
Max Lowry : However, it's often better to use the Tribunal if you can for this type of thing.
Max Lowry : Hi ya.
Customer: How do I get in touch with a tribunal and would my job be safe?
Max Lowry : How long you worked there for?
Customer: 19 months
Max Lowry : Okay. If your employer dismissed you for seeking this money via the Tribunal, then it would be automatically unfair dismissal and you'd be entitled to compensation that for that.
Customer: Thank you but how do I get in touch with a tribunal? What could I say to my company to hopefully avoid this action?
Max Lowry : The link I gave you above has the forms you need to fill in and what you need to do - but basically, fill in the form, and send it off.
Max Lowry : Tell the employer you believe you're being paid short and he needs to address it with you explaining why it's not short. If you can't agree, then tell him you'll let the tribunal decide it. That's all you can do really.
Max Lowry : I hope this answers your question. If you need further information, either now or later, just let me know and I'll gladly help out. Please do remember to rate my answer as highly as you can for me. Thank you.
Max Lowry and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you