How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Max Lowry Your Own Question
Max Lowry
Max Lowry, Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 1457
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Max Lowry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a name of a private person who has built a house and

This answer was rated:

I have a name of a private person who has built a house and its location is known but who
failed to build according to plans.
How can I find out if this person has been involved in similar developments in other parts of the Country ? I only have the persons name ! How could I get this information as the land registry requires known information/postal code

Max Lowry : Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.
Max Lowry : There are strict requirements to be able to search HMLR by name, but then, even if you could do that, it would only tell you the name of the owner of the property and not the builder.
Max Lowry : There is no way or locating the builder by a central registry. You would have to place an advert in a local/national paper and invite people to come forward and give you information.
Customer: would it be possible to check Councils for planning permissions or Do I have to have the exact Council the development took place ?
Max Lowry : You can - but again, it's not to say the builder would have applied for the planning permission. So, that's not going to be the most reliable either.
Max Lowry : And you would need to search with all the Councils.
Max Lowry : Again, there is no central registry of this.
Customer: well many thanks for your assistance - its a pity
Max Lowry and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you