How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 22620
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

As the Claimant I have received judgment for a claim of some

This answer was rated:

As the Claimant I have received judgment for a claim of some �7800.00. A formal loan agreeent is in place which, in default, required interest to be paid at the rate of 8% above bank rate until paid. I wish to raise a charging order on the debtor's property as there is no purpose in taking any other endforcement action. Form N379 seems to make no provision for accuing interest over a period of time following enforcement which would mean a considerable loss if the property was not sold for some time.

The claim form stated the text of this interest arrangement.

Altough your site says that interest will be accumulated until the property is sold there is no provision on the form N379. How is this achieved as I am concerned the interest is not lost.

Thank you.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects. Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me while I gather some further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully.

Unless I have all the facts that I need, my answer would not be accurate.

Why can you not take other enforcement action?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There seems little purpose as he is self employed and earns little, his car and personal property, if sold would achieve very little after all the costs, there will be little, if any, money in the bank

In s2 just put £7800 plus accruing interest as per judgement dated XXX attached.

You will have to squeeze it into the form.

The final amount is dealt with when property is sold when you do a calculation.

Can I help further?

Stuart J and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you