Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

In my new line of work its in my interest to be an effective

In my new line of work it's in my interest to be an effective networker attending business networking events. I also go to lots of seminars to learn about business strategies and the current state of the market. As you can imagine there are lots of slides and things said by the presenters off the cuff which are little gold nuggets of insight, and sometimes easily missed.

I feel that during both of these scenarios, I would benefit from wearing a pair of camera specs so that I can review the content of the presentations comprehensively and do some systematic logging of faces, names and things discussed when I get home.

I have no interest in publishing such material, just enabling myself to review, & log before deleting it.

Would this be breaking the law in the UK?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, have you asked for permission to record the presentations?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jenny,

I haven't done anything yet. Would I need to ask for consent?

Other people snap the screen openly with their smartphones.

Hi I am just about to travel back from the office I will be able to respond in full in about 30 mains.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jenny, When can you get back to me with your answer?

Thanks

In the UK it is not illegal to film people without their express consent.It is what is then done with the film that can make the act illegal.

Since you only wish to use the film for your own purposes to improve your presentation and records what you wish to do does not present a problem.

I hope this helps .If there are any further points please reply.

Best wishes

Yours sincerely

Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience: I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many thanks. That is the information I was seeking.