How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 6935
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i originally had this high court writ stayed because as you

This answer was rated:

i originally had this high court writ stayed because as you advised the company that it was in the name of had no relation to mine(whites motors limited instead of just whites motors)the originator of the writ has now gone back to the high court and had the stay lifted which is ordered from the high court 'save as against mr stuart white or any other party than whites motors limited,the stay of execution be lifted'. How can they do this and what exactly does it mean please ?

It means that the writ can continue against Whites Motors Limited but not against anyone else.It is designed to prevent confusion so that the writ is only pursued against the intended party.

Do you know whether they are chasing Whites Motors or Whites Motors Limited and do you know anything about the claim?

Yours sincerely

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the first i knew about this was when a high court sheriff arrived at my premises with a writ against whites motors limited which we knew nothing about as we are whites motors.The claim is for a disputed solicitors bill which we knew about but we knew nothing of the court action.

Dear Stuart


So they have still got it wrong.

However they will eventually get it right so if you know that this relates to this invoice then you should apply to get judgment set aside on the basis that you did not receive the claim form and had no opportunity to defend the claim.If you feel that they are due some money then you can make an offer to settle and say that if it is not accepted then you will apply to set aside the judgment.

If there are any further points please reply.

Best wishes


Yours sincerely


Michael Holly and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you